Rug areas add up to the aesthetic appeal of your home. Not only do they prevent floor damage but also warms up your living space, especially in winters. To increase its durability and retain its appearance, utmost care is a prerequisite.
But accidents happen like spillages, a leaking pipe or floods. Such water casualties can damage your rug. Thus, it becomes crucial to dry the rug area for restoring its appearance and quality.
6 Easy Steps To Dry A Large Rug Area
Use these methods and learn how to dry a large rug area:
1. Do not let the rug stay in the damp area. The more it stays in moisture, the more difficult it gets to restore it. Quickly remove it and place it somewhere dry. There is also a possibility of mold growth so it’s advisable to act fast and place it in a dry area.
2. If clean water is spilled, place an absorbent towel, and press it down firmly till the water is absorbed from the rug. Blot the towel and do not rub it.
3. Use a squeegee and push out the excess water in the direction of the rug nap.
4. Vacuum your rug with a dry-wet vacuum cleaner till the carpet becomes dry.
5. After vacuuming it, use a hairdryer to dry your rug and completely remove the moisture. You can also place a dehumidifier on the rug to help speed up the drying process.
Note: If an air conditioner is used, it should be set at its coldest temperature so that mold is not formed.
6. If your rug is still wet and damp, sprinkle baking soda and let it sit for 30 minutes. This helps in removing the trapped moisture.
Grab Top-Quality Rug Cleaning Services In Fall River!
If you do not get your desired results from the above-mentioned steps, Atlantic Cleaning Company at Fall River location is always ready to help you.
With our professional rug cleaning services, we ensure you dry and restore the shine of your rugs thoroughly. We provide a hassle-free experience with our 24*7 house services and free pickup & delivery.