Are you tired of cleaning fabric sofa stains regularly and still unable to get effective results? Depending on the type of material, there are different ways to clean the sofa. Here, we will discuss common ways to clean various types of sofa fabric. Read the article and learn how to clean fabric sofa stains.
How To Clean Fabric Sofa Stains?
To relish the best time on your pristine couch, keep it stain free by using these methods:
⇒ Look For The Care Tag
Try to find the magical instructional care tag underneath your sofa. The best and easiest way to clean your couch fabric is to use the steps provided in this care tag, but follow all instructions, as any wrong step can damage your upholstery.
The different tags denote what methods and cleaners you should use to clean the sofa fabric. Some common tags and their meaning is as follows.
- Use water-based solutions for the W mark.
- Only use a vacuum on the fabrics with X tags.
- You should use non-water solutions for fabrics with an S mark.
- For fabrics marked WS, you can use both water & non-water solutions.
⇒ Vacuum Can Vanish All Dirt.
Vacuuming your sofa fabric ensures that the fabric remains clean and dust-free, which can enhance its appearance. So vacuum every part of your sofa and enjoy the finest time on a stain-free couch.
Methods to clean sofa according to the different sofa fabric
Every sofa fabric needs different approaches to cleaning, so here you can find your sofa fabric material’s cleaning process. Accordingly, you can use the steps to clean your sofa fabric.
⇒ Solution for cotton, linen, polyester fabric
Water and dish soap works well for the cotton, linen, and polyester fabric. Use the following steps to clean the sofa fabric;
- Firstly start with vacuuming the sofa thoroughly and then take a bowl and make a cleaning mixture by mixing cool water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Take a microfiber cloth, dampen it in the cleaning mixture bowl, and clean the stain thoroughly by dabbing it with the cloth. To remove the residue of the mixture, clean the fabric with a dry cloth and see the stained-free sofa.
⇒ Remove stains from Microfiber, leather, and suede sofas.
- The initial step of cleaning is to vacuum the sofa fabric thoroughly. This method works well for every sofa, and if your sofa is of X code instead of vacuuming, don’t try to use any other cleaning method.
- Firstly, see if your sofa is of S type; if it is, don’t use this method, as this approach applies only to the water-resistant sofa fabric. In this approach, take a cloth and dampen it with white vinegar or alcohol and rub the stained part of the sofa.
⇒ For leather sofas, use saddle soap and water
- If you have a leather sofa, you can use saddle soap with warm water and then take a cloth, dampen it in the solution, and clean the stained part.
- This mixture of 1⁄2 cup (120 mL) of olive oil and 1⁄4 cup (59 mL) of white vinegar also works well for leather. At last, clean it with cloth and get effective solutions.
⇒ For greasy stain
- If your leather, Microfiber, suede, and water-safe fabrics like cotton and linen have become dirty because of oily stains, then clean them with baking soda.
- Leave the baking soda for a few hours and then clean it with a vacuum thoroughly and wait and get the best results.
⇒ For S-code sofas, use solvents.
- You can clean the sofas marked with the S code using dry cleaning solvents.
- Follow the instructions listed in the solvents, clean the sofa accordingly, and get back the shine of your sofa.
⇒ For dark ink stains, use alcohol.
- Take the earbud and sprinkle it with alcohol.
- Now gently rub the earbud on the stained portion of the sofa, and now you can glance at the shining sofa.
When to take professional help in cleaning the sofa fabric?
When you cannot clean your sofa using simple upholstery cleaning tips, we recommend you seek professional help. For a sofa with X code, the only way to clean it is with a vacuum, but if the stain is more intense and you cannot clean it with a vacuum, you should consider hiring professional upholstery cleaning services.
You can glimpse how to clean fabric sofa stains in the write-up. The common method for sofas is to clean them with a vacuum. There are different ways to clean upholstery, such as using vinegar, baking soda, alcohol, etc. However, for the X sofa code, only vacuuming the sofa works well instead of this and doesn’t follow any other approach.