How many people think about upholstery cleaning by professionals? Well not many. Although, most of our time spent at home involves sitting on one or the other upholstered furnishings.
Once we realize the importance of upholstery cleaning, another question arises. The question: how often should you clean the surface you sit on?
To keep our living space healthy and safe, one needs to clean the upholstered furnishings regularly. Moreover, it also improves the quality of air and increases the lifespan of the upholstery. Thus, you can save money in the long run.
However, cleaning upholstered furnishing is not an easy task. Most of the fabrics are attached to the furnishings and cannot be removed. While professionals can easily clean it with the help of their latest equipment and methods.
In case, you plan to do it on your own, here are four tips to cleaning upholstery.
Quick Tips To Cleaning Upholstery At Home
Upholstery cleaning requires time and patience. The best method to do is to incorporate it into your regular cleaning routine. Clean your upholstery every few months to maintain hygiene. Follow the below mentioned tips to cleaning upholstery to keep it clean and smelling fresh.
1. Vacuum It All
Vacuum cleaners with a brush attachment (not compulsory) can clean dirt, crumbs, and debris from the furniture. If you have pets, then remember to clean all the small corners where pet hairs can collect. Vacuum the cushions on both sides. You can also use a lint roller to remove the pet hair.
2. Understanding the Type of Upholstered Fabric
Upholstered furniture comes in different fabrics. Each upholstered furnishings come with a tag. These tags contain the information about the type of fabric and instructions on how to clean it.
Here are the codes found on labels:
- WS: Use a dry cleaning agent or water-based cleaner along with a steam vacuum.
- S: Use a dry cleaning agent cleaner.
- X: Use a vacuum or brittle brush only. No water.
- W: Use a water-based cleaner along with a steam vacuum.
- O: Use only cold water for organic material
3. Stain Removal Using Material from your Pantry
Upholstery furnishings get stained easily. For instance, you can spill your wine or drop some food while eating.
Here is a tip to remove these beastly stains.
- A mix ¼ cup of vinegar, ¾ cup of warm water, and a 1 tablespoon of dish soap.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it over the stain. Use a soft cloth to scrub the area till the stain disappears.
- Use a wet cloth to remove the soap and dry the area with a towel.
Seeking Professional Upholstery Cleaning Services In Fall River?
Even after knowing all the tips to cleaning upholstery, sometimes one doesn’t have the time to do it on their own. That’s where Atlantic Cleaning Co, an experienced and reputed upholstery cleaning firm can be proved beneficial.
Our trained and experienced professionals provide efficient cleaning services from carpet cleaning to window cleaning in Fall River and the surrounding areas. You can contact us at 508 676 9084 to book an appointment. You can also connect to us on Facebook to know all the new updates.